On December 22, 2017, the president signed new tax legislation into law. We're working on updating our website to reflect the new U.S. tax laws. In the meantime, the website may not address the changes. The legislation includes several new provisions related specifically to 529 plan accounts. We'll provide more information as additional details about the effects of the tax bill become clear. We encourage you to consult a qualified tax advisor about your personal situation.
Imagine how much you could save if, instead of the usual birthday, holiday and graduation gifts, your friends and relatives contributed to your child’s college savings. Ugift makes it easy, and it’s free to use.
Ugift is simple.
Use it to invite family and friends to make contributions online or by check. Best of all, their contributions go directly into your Arkansas 529 GIFT Plan account. There’s no extra paperwork for you. Plus, unlike many other gifting programs, Ugift givers don't have to join, register, or pay a service fee. Ugift FAQs
How Ugift works.
- Once you open your Arkansas GIFT 529 Plan account, you can opt in to Ugift at any time using your online account page.
- You'll receive a unique Ugift code to share with family and friends.
- Share your code through Ugift's online sharing features, over the phone, in person, on social networks, printed invitations, etc.
- Family and friends can use your Ugift code to make contributions whenever they want. (The code is valid for the life of your account, but you can opt out of Ugift at any time.)
Want to give a gift they’ll never outgrow?
Contribute to a child’s college education instead. With the unique Ugift code, it's easy to contribute money directly into an Arkansas GIFT 529 Plan account.
Ugift codes must be initiated by the 529 plan account owner, so reach out to the child's parents or guardians to ask if they have an account. If so, they can log in to their account to get a Ugift code and share it with you. Once you have the code, visit Ugift529.com where you can:
- Give your gift at any time
- Transfer money easily and securely
- Contribute online or by mail
Ugift is a feature available to Arkansas 529 GIFT Plan account owners. Open an account
Ugift is a registered service mark of Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, Inc.